Monday, November 2, 2009

CORREGIDOR

The picture above is the Pacific War Memorial in Corregidor
This is the Bishop of our ward
Outside of Bledsoe's
Inside home with sister Bo playing the piano
Grant and Richard Bledsoe

Yesterday we spent the day on the island of Corregidor. This was the famous island that the Japanese had so much trouble taking during WWII even though the rest of the Philippines was completely under the control of the Japanese. It is the island that General said "I shall return".
He did come back and took the Philippines back. We saw the city across the bay where the Bataan Death March began. I was not up on my Philippine history but now know that the Japanese attacked them the same day they attacked Pearl Harbor. So Corregidor is like their Pearl Harbor and they have a War Memorial there.

I also wanted to show you the inside of the Bledsoe's fancy home we went to Sunday night. So I will attach the video of the cute Korean gal playing the piano. She is so talented. She is working on her 2nd masters degree here.

Today Grant is meeting with a carpenter and they will see how the room can be done. He has his plans all drawn up the way he would like it. Then he is going to take some papers to turn in for his license. He thinks he might get his license by Friday. I am going to the ex-pat group. We are going to some famous bazaar. That should be interesting.

Well I was not successful in down loading that vidio so I will add some pictures.

3 comments:

  1. nice blog. Want free and latest movies? here's the link.. http://azdownloadz.blogspot.com/ enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Susan! Amazing blog and beautiful pictures. What is the weather like? Is it warm. How is the food? It is hard to believe you are so far away but this record keeps you close. We both look forward to your posts. Take care and keep blogging - Shari and Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susie and Grant - I am so glad you have a blog....Carolyn came up yesterday and we went to Day's Market big open house. They had food samples of everything and it was so delicious - we couldn't eat any dinner....then we went to Hilma's house for a mary kay makeup party....Today we tried to work on the basement. Carolyn helped me alot, but it doesn't look like we accomplished too much , mainly because I was a slug....then we went to Tarahumara for lunch. We miss you. I am glad Carolyn can come up once in a while. She likes to come to Midway. I wish Shari would come too. I guess she is busy working. I will go back in and check your house. I am glad the typhoon didn't bother you! Be careful driving and just say...."On James" It is good you have a driver...If it is anything like PooRoo, you need one. By for now and I will write more later.

    ReplyDelete