Thursday, November 19, 2009

Pagsanjan Falls


Wednesday we went with Sister Kim and her daughter Hye-won and DiAnn Bledsoe to Pagsanjan Falls. It took us about two hours to get there but it is only about 50 miles away. That is because of the traffic in Manila. We got in these canoes with two boatmen to pull us up to the falls. At first a motorized canoe pulled both of our canoes up the river until we got to the rapids and rocks. Then the two boatman pull and push you through the rocks and rapids. There are 14 rapids. Then you are at the falls and you get on a bamboo raft and two raft men pull you up to the falls and underneath them behind the falls. It was on a small scale of Niagra but still very powerful. Here they let you jump off the raft into the water. I declined because I was not sure I could get back on the raft again! I will try to download a little film of going up the river. It was really a fun day and it was so beautiful with mountains on both sides of the river and lots of foliage. I don't think I have seen anything more beautiful even in Hawaii. They told us several movies have been filmed there.

No comments:

Post a Comment